Thursday, February 9, 2012

Tortillas 2

I know I already did a post on this but I didn't include the entire process last time. Mom soaked the corn in lime water overnight after bringing it to a boil. Then she rinsed and rubbed it well to get the outer husk off.

Unground corn mixture

Dad and Avery ground it up with our Corona mill.

Ground corn

Mom kneaded it together and added water and salt.

We made it into balls a little bigger than golf balls and pressed them.
(It's a homemade tortilla press that my dad made.)

We had a little plastic bag on the inside so it wouldn't stick to the press.

We fried them on high heat on the griddle.

This is our best one because it bubbled, and I guess that's good.

We enjoyed this batch best because we didn't put as much water in so it wasn't as grainy and coarse as the last batch. Also we ground it in the Corona mill instead of the food processor.

No comments:

Post a Comment