Thursday, June 28, 2012

Troublesome teeth

     I have some unique and troublesome teeth.
     A couple years ago my two front teeth were somehow attached to the ones next to them. I also had a pair of extra teeth in my gums. My front teeth wouldn't fall out, so when I was 10 I had a surgery and had 8 teeth pulled: my two pairs of front teeth which were attached, the extras in my gums and two to the side. My permanent teeth were above the extras, so they were way up there. I waited a year for them to come down, but finally I had to go in this year and have a surgery to attach some chains to my permanent teeth. I got a retainer-like appliance and I can hook the chains to it and it puts pressure on the teeth so that they come in. My dentist says it isn't really a retainer, it's an "active appliance". The teeth are now well in. WooHooo!!! Next month I will probably be able to take off the chains, leave off the appliance and get braces!
     I have braces on my bottom teeth to uncrowd them. I have neon green and purple right now. I can't decide if I like it or not. They remind me of Barney =P Braces are a good way to explore your wild side, though. They're not so noticable.

I'll try to update when I've made more progress.

2 comments:

  1. I hope the braces are going well! I had braces for one year and my favorite part was getting to choose the colors! Blue was my favorite!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like picking colors as well :-) Blue is my favorite color, too.

    ReplyDelete