Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas

We had a wonderful Christmas. On Christmas Eve we went to G & G S's. We had music and Grandpa read the Christmas story and we opened presents...not to mention stuffing ourselfs with treats ;-) I missed your family, Aunt Nita. We opened up presents in order from Aunt Naomi down to Uncle Noel. Somebody said we should call and see how your presents were progressing to see if the Uncle Nathan's family could open up theirs yet ;-) We stayed till midnight.
On Christmas us kids got up at 7:30 and opened up our stockings. Then Mom and Dad got up and we surprised them with stockings that we had stuffed for them. That was really fun. Then the boys and Dad did the chores and then we opened presents. I got a rotary cutter and cutting mat! Quilting, here I come! (I hope?) Those were the highlights of my gifts. I also got a Laura Ingals Wilder audio book (I love those) and some cool baking supplies. Oh, and in my stocking I got a spool of sock yarn! I hope to make a cool scarf with it.
In the afternoon G & G M came over. We had a good time with them. After supper we opened up presents with them. I got a bunch of note writing supplies. Perfect!
Have a great day!

1 comment:

  1. Hi Eleanor!
    I'm glad to hear you had such a nice Christmas! I can already imagine the beautiful quilts and other projects you are going to make using your new supplies! My mother-in-law got a new cutting mat for Christmas and she squealed with delight when she opened it! Her son thought it was for cutting food at first - not for quilting. Silly! Happy new year! Jennifer Sapp

    ReplyDelete