Saturday, December 10, 2011

Farm Girl

     Hi! I'm Eleanor. I'm 10 years old and I decided to do a blog under the supervision of my parents. I love writing, so I think this is the thing for me.
     I live in Minnesota in the country with my parents and four siblings. We have 14 acres. On those acres we grow chickens for eggs, 6 goats for milk (and sometimes meat), and 3 cats (just pets, of course  :-) Not literally a farm, just a hobby farm ;-)
     This year we decided to experiment with geese. We grew 15 of them. We butchered 12 of them, and the other three we are going to over-winter so that they can lay eggs in the spring and hatch them out so we don't have to buy more. 
     We also have a garden. We grow veggies, berries, and apples in the summer.
     I look forward to sharing more!

2 comments:

  1. Hey, I'm your first member. How fun. I used Phil's business e-mail account, since I don't have a Google account of my own. So, it will be fun to follow your blog, Eleanor. I'm surprised you are only 10 because you write as though you are older. Looking forward to reading about your life. Kay

    ReplyDelete
  2. Keep writing! Can't wait to hear more of the farm life.

    ReplyDelete